Our purpose is to work with communities in rural Nepal to realise their own vision of a better future. We co-operate with local leaders in rural villages in the Myagdi district of the Annapurna region of Nepal, including Tiplyang, Banduk, Dosalle, Kaphaldanda and Ghandruk.
Rather than implementing our own ideas, we raise funds to support projects initiated by the community. This way, the communities we support remain in control of their lives and their future. So far, we have supported on various projects to improve education and access to healthcare.
In response to requests, in 2020 we:
- Helped our schools to support more students by covering the salary of four new teachers. All of the teachers we work with and support are trained professionals and paid a fair salary.
- Extended our school meals project to feed all of the children in three schools.
- Funded medical treatment for two children who suffered hearing loss.
In response to villagers’ requests, in 2021 we aim to:
- Continue to fund school meals, school equipment and teachers’ salaries.
- Improve hygiene practices in schools to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and staff.
- Re-build classrooms in Ghandruk that were damaged by recent natural disasters.